Sunday, March 1, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 6 and Day 7 (Weekend Recap)

Day 6: Today was Dirty 30. I had no idea what that was and honestly, I still don't really get it. Maybe that's a pop cultural thing, or maybe it's just clever because it rhymes? Anyway, I liked this workout a lot. I really liked the lower fix and Dirty 30 is right behind that in terms of what has been my favorite so far. It was much better than that disaster I faced on Day 5. Today I got my rhythm back and felt like I was really working it!

Eating was a bit challenging today. We were invited to dinner at a friend's house and  I didn't want to be rude by asking what was for dinner, so I just brought a salad for everyone to ensure I got some veggies and then ate what they had prepared. It was a little heavy on the carbs because I already used my yellow containers, but that's OK! Building relationships with people is much more important than one off meal. Instead of worrying about it, I just decided ahead of time that when I got home tonight I'd do the 10 minute abs fix. Umm... HELLO!! That was insane. I was thinking 10 minutes of abs would be doable, but wow, my abs were burning! It did go by pretty quickly, but they were on fire!

Tomorrow is Yoga Fix, the day I've been waiting for!!! Yay! I love yoga. Can't wait to enjoy my active recovery day.


Day 7: Today was Yoga Fix!! Yay! It was just as great as I had imagined. There I was doing yoga next to the fire place and stretching out all of my muscles from the week and I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe I completed an entire week of working out!" It felt pretty amazing and is probably one of the biggest fitness goals I've reached in a long time. I can't even remember the last time I truly worked out seven days in a row. This is big! Seriously, if I can do this, I honestly feel like anyone can. I am the queen of making excuses as to why I can't exercise, but I'm done with that now and I'm ready to commit my life to being healthy. I'm really looking forward to this second week.

Eating was fairly normal today, but I did eat a very small sliver of chocolate cake tonight and I didn't feel bad. I knew ahead of time that my mother-in-law was going to have it, so I planned accordingly and I told myself that I was going to have a slice and it would be small and I would not hate myself afterward. You know what? I did eat the cake, it was good, and I don't feel guilty about it. I still feel healthy and I know that I will still continue to eat healthy as I enter this next week. Eating sweets isn't a terrible thing, it's only terrible if that's what we do everyday.

Finally, I thought I'd share some progress results:

1. I have more energy than I had prior to starting the 21 Day Fix

2. I honestly just feel healthy.

3. I didn't really "get" what Shakeology was all about and why the price was so high, but after drinking it for a week, I get it now. It taste amazing, it honestly gives me more energy, and I have noticed a significant difference in blemishes on my face. I believe that the nutrients in the shake has helped clear my skin a lot! I also contribute that to the added greens I've been eating as well.

4. Not only am I seeing definition in my muscles, (remember this?) but I have also lost a total of 4.5lbs in only 7 days! AMAZING!!

I'm really happy with my results so far. I love this program and I love my challenge group. Those girls are so awesome with helping me stay on track, keeping me motivated, and encouraging me along the way. I don't think I could do this without my challenge group ladies and of course my coach!

Here's to the second week and even more results!

No comments:

Post a Comment