Tuesday, March 10, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 15 Recap

Two-a-days! I used to coach cheerleading. I loved it, coaching was awesome, but I worked my girls hard. Truth be told, I worked them a lot harder physically than I worked myself. In hindsight, it probably would have been beneficial if I had worked myself just as hard physically to set the example, but oh well. This really has nothing to do with what I was going to say. One of the things the girls hated when I coached was when I called for two-a-days. The girls were required to attend two practices in the same day. These mostly occurred during summer training and were intense cardio/strength training workouts. Now, I'm facing my own two-a-days and I was kind of dreading it myself! Much to my surprise, I did two workouts and they weren't that bad.

I woke up this morning, had breakfast, then headed upstairs to do my workout. Today was Cardio Fix Total Body. I noticed I was able to last a little longer on the skiing move, which was definite progress and I was able to get through majority of the workout without having to stop for extra breaths. Yay, progress! Mondays are insanely busy, so today was crazy trying to get everything done and figure out when I could squeeze in my extra workout. I finally squeezed in my extra workout at 12:30am. Yes, you read that correctly, I worked out at 12:30am. I do not suggest doing this! For my second workout, I did the Pilates Fix. The crazy thing is that even though I worked out at 12:30am, I felt a lot stronger. I was tearing through those Pilates moves and it felt good. I didn't even have to modify the plank moves, like I usually do. I can actually tell my muscles are getting stronger!

Eating was not very good today. First, I didn't plan for today like I usually do. This ultimately led to a pretty rough day of just picking up little things and putting them in my mouth without much thought. Bad habits are so hard to break!! I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I'm going to move forward. The past is the past! No regrets, no living in the past.

Tomorrow is upper fix day and then I plan to do cardio fix in the evening. Ugh, cardio fix! Maybe I'll like it better in the evening? Right? That's possible?

So, here's to my first two-a-day workout! Looking forward to next Sunday as I wrap up my first cycle of the 21 Day Fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment