Wednesday, March 4, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 9 Recap

Today was a rough day for me, not because of the 21 Day Fix, but because I got sad news that my undergraduate college is closing. This is a very sad moment in my life. I went to a small women's liberal arts school, where we all felt like sisters. It has felt so unbelievably sad all day and I've been going through the phases of grief from sadness to anger back and forth all day. If you never attended a small school like this, it would be hard for you to understand, but know it was an emotionally draining day.

Although, I am very sad about this, I learned something about myself today that I think was a huge personal moment. Today was the first time that I was emotionally upset about something and I didn't immediately turn to food for comfort. This, folks, is B-I-G! The 21 Day Fix has taught me so much about nutrition, taking care of my body, and not losing sight of what's important. Turning to food never even crossed my mind. This is really a huge moment for me and if you are the type that struggles with emotional eating, you understand what I mean! Progress, people, progress!

Today was upper fix again. This time I used the 5lb weights as my light weights and the 8lb weights as my heavy weights. This was fine for me and I honestly should have done that last week. I felt great after the workout and my arms are still burning a bit this evening! I really love the strength training workouts a lot.

Eating today was really off. Like I said, I didn't turn to food for emotional support, but honestly, I didn't turn to food much at all. I ended up having to squeeze in all my stuff that I missed throughout the day toward the end of the day, which was fine, but it would have been more beneficial had I eaten every 2-3 hours. Either way, the victory of not emotionally eating was there!

Tomorrow is lower fix. I'm hoping that I can workout some of this emotion tomorrow with exercise!

I'll leave you with this beautiful picture of my college to give you a slight glimpse of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment