Saturday, February 28, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 5 Recap

Today was cardio. (cue crickets...)  I'm pretty sure I lied yesterday when I said I was looking forward to cardio. I seriously must have been high on endorphins from the Pilates workout or something when I said that, because who am I kidding? When I do cardio, I kind of resemble a 150 year old woman, who has smoked her entire life. I cannot catch my breath for anything and finding a breathing rhythm is next to impossible for me. Can you believe I actually ran a half-marathon once? Seriously, I did and somehow I was able to find my breathing rhythm then, but when I'm doing burpees, mountain climbers, and high knees I think I forget what lung function is and suddenly I'm no longer breathing and my face is beet red.

So needless to say, cardio was awesome today!! Just kidding. The workout was intense and clearly worked parts of my body I didn't know existed. The workout was actually great for what it was, but me and cardio have a long way to go in our relationship. If you're a cardio person, then you'll really like this. On the upside, this is only Day 5, so I'm certain that I will learn to deal with  enjoy cardio! Also, I pretty much modified everything. I love that there is a modifier in every workout because I use it more often than I thought I would.

No real changes in food. I basically eat the same things every day. That's just me. You do not have to do that. You can change your meals everyday. I'm a creature of habit. I pick something and stick to it for a very long time. I'll recap my meals at the end of the week. Nothing too exciting. In addition to being habitual, I'm also kind of boring, so my food choices are usually bare minimum. This program allows a lot more creative options, I just don't need much to satisfy my palate, I'm totally cool with styrofoam rice cakes.

I was going to post this awesome picture of me looking strong and working out, but based on what I told you, you can guess how that picture looked, so I took a picture of my Vitamix for you. Enjoy!



Tomorrow is Dirty 30. I have no idea what that is, so I'm not even going to write that I'm looking forward to it. It will be a surprise and then I can share it with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment