Wednesday, July 29, 2015

PiYo Review

Ok, so life kind of got in the way, well really it didn't "get in the way," it just happened. I had to prioritize some things, so I apologize for totally dropping the ball on blog posts. I realize I did not follow through on my promise to walk you through PiYo, but I have a reason...

I kind of didn't really like PiYo. :( Womp Womp...

Here's my honest review:

There were things I enjoyed about it. First, I LOVE Chalene Johnson. She's kind of amazing and I love her passion and energy. Second, I loved the actual workouts. The yoga was really good and the stretches were awesome. So you're probably wondering, "if you liked the trainer and you liked the workouts, why didn't you like it overall?"

It wasn't that I didn't like it...it was more that it was not a good fit for me for right now. I mean the workouts were good, but they were kind of boring. I need something a little more exciting. I had just come off the 21 Day Fix, which is more high impact and then I went to PiYo, which is low impact. It was too shocking for the system. The other thing, is that the music is kind of bad. Chalene Johnson really likes the music, but I really did not. I had to mute it, so I couldn't hear it. Maybe you'd like it, who knows. To each his own!

Here's what I think PiYo is good for:

1. If you need low impact. If you're brand new to exercising, you've had an injury, you've had surgery, you have bad joints, anything that would require LOW IMPACT, PiYO is certainly for you. It is FANTASTIC for low impact workouts. I think you'd really like it.

Candlelight PiYo. It came in handy
knowing the PiYo routine when
our power went out!
2. If you workout another way and it's intense, or you're a RUNNER, I think PiYo would be great for you. I think the stretching you get from PiYo will supplement difficult training sessions and long runs. In fact, this is how I use PiYo now myself. I use it to help stretch me out really well, when I need it.

3. Finally, it's great for travel. All you need is a yoga mat, if you even want to use that. I usually take PiYo with me when I go out of town, because it's low impact, so no bothering people on the floor below me and it doesn't require me to take equipment.

Even though PiYo wasn't a good fit for me, I think it's still a great product and I think you should give it a try, but if you're looking for something INTENSE, this is not it.

For now, I've moved on to COMBAT (blog post to come soon), which I kind of LOVE!!! And in a couple of weeks, I'm starting CIZE!




No comments:

Post a Comment